Monday, July 10, 2006

The journey...

As i was cycling back from home to hostel yesterday evening, I was in some kind of mood and the following lines ran through my mind as I went through the paces...



The road ahead appears narrow and dark,
People are there all around,
Some walking, some waiting,
Some stand still not knowing what to do..

As I inch closer to my destination,
My legs get wearier, I feel weaker,
The humidity saps the strength out of my body,
I slow down and move on slowly and steadily.

As I watch, quite a few overtake me,
But it hardly bothers me;
My speed slackens but not my spirit,
I keep pushing myself just that bit harder to keep up the pace.

The sun peeps from the edge of the horizon,
The street lights start to come on one by one,
I manage to get past one or two,
But many others have already passed by me.

Drenched in sweat, I feel completely exhausted,
I step down to take a break at the corner shop,
Sip a drink and enjoy its coolness,
As I realize its getting late and its time to buckle up.

As I climb onto my cycle I feel a surge of energy,
The road suddenly seems to have become wider,
And all the potholes have gone to fend elsewhere,
The new layer of tar makes the ride a pleasure!

Its not soon that I reach a traffic junction,
The red signal stops me in my tracks;
I have no choice but to wait,
But soon, I am back on my way.

I can now spot some ahead in the distance,
Those who went past me sometime ago;
I wonder if I can ever catch up with them,
The sight of them makes me determined to push myself;

Quickening up my pace,
I move ahead hoping to make up for lost time,
The many speed breakers look as though
They remind me that I just cant go fast

The road too is filled with stones strewn all over
Rugged and tough, my tyres take a real beating
Just as I start pondering my next step,
The back tyre gets screwed up...


That ends part 1 of the poem representing all the random thoughts that went on in my mind then.... Part 2 will take some time coming but its going to be there someday, someway˙.

9 Comments:

Blogger Mohan K.V's thoughts...

Ah, the first poem (out of textbook) I've read that doesn't go on and on about 'Silvery wisps of..' or 'Her hazel eyes..'..

nice one, but as usual, I'm totally lost :)

2:08 PM  
Blogger Ganesh's thoughts...

Well..i guess you havent read my earlier "poems"..try going through my archives when you have time..:)

and oh, i really wanted this to be a poem in the same league as other poems but still, i am quite satisfied with the output...:)

1:45 AM  
Blogger Kavya Mohan's thoughts...

that was a cute one... gues you are blogging with full josh now...so many posts at the same in such a short span of time ;)

8:00 AM  
Blogger Ganesh's thoughts...

kavya, thanks for the comment :)

rather than josh, you may call it a combo of vetti-ness and some other things..

btw, cute was a really interesting word to use.. i still cant figure out what made you use that word though..:-?

8:27 AM  
Blogger Kavya Mohan's thoughts...

havent you heard of the word "cute"..lol kidding..
well..i said cute cos i found it so..cheesy but yes i did..it was interesting..and nice so combo can be called cute ;)

6:47 AM  
Blogger Ganesh's thoughts...

hmm..thats cute ;)

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous's thoughts...

nice one.
ur trademark rhyming is missing (like this one or the one u wrote about 7th wing) :D
nice none the less.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Ganesh's thoughts...

ya somehow wasnt able to fit in the usual rhyming stuff here :-/ but then this isnt like the other two poems..wasnt written just for the fun of it..

10:49 PM  
Blogger jimmy's thoughts...

I am loving it. Pack app, pack job. Be a full time poet.

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shaastra 2006
Shaastra 2006 Watch the
Promo Video